Group Therapy & Skills Training
There is power in numbers.
The ability to connect with others who can understand your experience firsthand and work toward resolution or understanding can be invaluable.
Midwest Counseling offers you the opportunity to work with other people in a small group to explore various issues andr learn skills to better understand and manage difficult issues in your life.
DBT Skills Group
- When: Mondays 6:30p-7:30p
- Cost: $50 per session
- Description: In this weekly DBT skills group, we learn ways to increase relaxation, acceptance, and focus on the present moment (Mindfulness), tolerate difficult feelings/situations without making things worse (Distress Tolerance), reduce impulsive thinking and behaviors (Middle Path), deal with conflicts effectively and maintain/improve relationships (Interpersonal Effectiveness), and understand/manage difficult or intense emotions (Emotion Regulation). This group will be ongoing, with a new theme each month and opportunities to join, as space allows, every eight weeks. This group requires that members are also participating in individual therapy and able to commit to consistent attendance. For more information please contact Rose Metivier, LCPC (312-612-9398).
RO DBT Skills Class
- When: Tuesdays 6:15p-7:15p or Thursdays 5p-6p
- Cost: $50 per session
- Description: RO DBT offers a new approach to helping those struggling with disorders of overcontrol. RO DBT is useful for those who struggle with overcontrol: Inhibited emotional expression * Maladaptive perfectionism * Rigid rule-following behaviors * Social signaling, isolation,& loneliness. RO might be a good fit for the following: obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, OCD, eating disorders, Autism spectrum disorders , treatment-resistant anxiety , chronic depression, or maladaptive perfectionism. For more information please contact Danielle Doucette, Psy.D. (773-999-9831).
Eating Disorder Recovery Group
- When: Mondays 5p-6p
- Cost: $25 per session
- Description: Join us in a space for all individuals in the process of eating disorder recovery. We will explore emotions, thinking patterns and behaviors associated with the eating disorder, work toward accepting thoughts and feelings, as well as finding safe and meaningful ways to express them, and learn ways to foster a sense of connection and hope for lasting recovery. Individuals are welcome to join at any time, however, in an effort to create a safe and cohesive environment, we do ask that each individual make a commitment to attend at least 4 weeks. For more information or to join this group please contact Brittany Statler, LCSW (312) 447-9789.
Women's Recovery Group
- When: Fridays 12p-1p
- Cost: $25 per session
- Description: This group provides a space for women in recovery from substances to discuss important themes related to the recovery process. Each group will begin with an exercise related to topics on mindfulness, trust, self-compassion, love, sex and relationships, and MORE! Members will use the remainder of the session to process their reactions to the topic and gain support from the group. Members must have 30 days of sobriety before joining the group and be willing to complete a brief intake before beginning the group. For more information or questions please contact Alexis Sharon, LCPC, CADC (312-508-3873).
Meal Support Group
- When: Thursdays 6:15pp-7:15p
- Cost: $20 per session
- Description: This four-week series will provide guidance on portion sizing for normalized dinner meals. The dietitian will support clients as they bring in meals from home and resultants in an effort to normalize eating out and provide support around food. This group will be useful for those working on difficulty making meal decisions in the moment, rule governing food choices and restrictive eating patterns. Clients do not have to be working with a Midwest Counseling & Diagnostics dietitian or therapist to participate in this group. For any questions or if you are interested in joining this group at please contact Maggie Garrity, RDN, LDN (414) 459-9338
Yoga and Body Image Workshop Series
- When: Saturdays 11:15a-12:30p
- Cost: $230 per series (6 weeks of sessions)
- Description: Yoga offers you a space to integrate mind and body, build self-compassion and access your body’s own ability to self-soothe. Through gentle movement and journaling, we will explore concepts of courage, compassion, acceptance, truthfulness, discernment, and freedom. Participants are asked to bring their own mat and arrive in comfortable clothing that allows for easy movement. Other props will be provided. For any questions or to schedule an intake meeting for this group at please contact Amy Klimek, LCPC, CYT (312) 344-3936.